Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How Lucky Am I?

I'm not going to tell you how many Cokes & Mt. Dews I have drank today. I'm not going to tell you how many times I raised my voice with my kiddos today. I'm not going to tell you how badly I needed the peace and quiet I got while in the tanning bed this evening. I'm not going to tell you how many times I've complained to friends or begged for their advice on parenting strategies the last week. However, I am going to tell you that in his ever-present, all-knowing ways, God reminded me tonight how lucky I am.



How lucky am I to have had three wonderfully easy pregnancies that resulted in three beautiful, precious children?



How lucky am I that I have these three beautiful, precious, healthy children to drive me bazonkers, get me high on caffeine, and make me question my ability as a mother?



Yes, this last week has been a doozy. But I am so thankful that our amazing God chose me to be their mother, in spite of all my inabilities and shortcomings, in spite of all their fighting, wild-goose-chasing, ignoring-their-momma ways.



They are rotten. They are loud. They've forgotten how to listen. But they are MINE. And they teach me so much about this life.



They so easily overlook my mistakes. Why is it that I am so stubborn to forget that they are only my babies and not so easily overlook theirs?



In their simple child-like ways, I am taught that life is short . . . you've got to live hard, forgive easily, and love with all you have.



I hope they forgive me for not knowing all that they know . . . for not loving them today the way they loved me.



Tomorrow comes anew. Tomorrow, when I am high on caffeine, somewhere over in the land of bazonkers, and wondering how to perfect this mommy thing, I will simply remind myself how truly lucky I am.

2 comments:

  1. Kel, I LOVE this post!!! It so well put and so very true!! After reading this, I had to stop and thank our God for my five wonderful blessings that He has given us....for they are what puts a smile on my face and makes life worth living!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog! I think every Mother feels this way! In my job I often get the insight on how lucky I am to havea 3 wonderful HEALTHY kiddos too! I hope some day they feel just as lucky to have me as their MOM and I do to be their MOM! Keeping blogging I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete