Monday, June 15, 2009

Off to a running start . . .

We got this week off to a running start with Preston's surgery for his tubes bright and early at 7:30 this morning. Now typically, 7:30 isn't so early around here. However, you do have to remember it's summer . . . time of freedom . . . time of living the good life here in our little world . . . time of NOT being up and about by 7:30.


Other than telling us repeatedly that he did not want to lay down, Preston was wonderful before his surgery. The lovely nurse who took him back was just that, lovely. She pretended his bed was a fire truck, complete with sirens! I heard a nurse at the nurse's station comment that Preston said he wanted his mommy but the nurse (I think her name was Amy?) said "But your mommy can't come on the firetruck". Apparently that was enough to keep him happy and not wanting momma too badly! :)


He came back from surgery dry eyed and ready for his apple juice! He drank the whole cup in record time, I think. Poor fella wasn't happy about getting out of bed so early and not even getting a cup of his most beloved chocolate milk this morning.


He is now home in mommy's bed fast asleep . . . I remember when I was a kid and sick,, no place was better than my momma's bed . . .



Yeah, I let the poor kid wear his jammies this morning. I was feeling sorry for him having to get up so early.



Preston's trying hard to focus on Handy Manny and not worry about what's going on!



Since I was taking pics of him, he thought it was only fair that he got to take a pic of me. Sarah K, you better watch out . . . you might have some competition . . . I was sure he'd cut my head off or something.



Preston is on his way to surgery . . . not feeling too sure about this hat!



My entertainment during the surgery!




Preston snuggling with momma and drinking his apple juice!




Home in momma's bed . . . sweet dreams, my baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment