Sunday, June 21, 2009

In progress . . .

. . . . vacation, that is!

Yippee!!! Vacation has officially been in progress for 2 days! While we had lots of fun in Chattanooga yesterday and today, I think it's fair to say we are ALL so GLAD to be at our final destination, especially Peyton. Her mood changed drastically once we finally got here. I must say that's probably a good thing because she and I were about to go 'round and 'round! :)


Yesterday, we visited the Tennessee Aquarium . . . Parker was in heaven . . . Preston on the other hand wasn't as thrilled. All he wanted to do was ride the escalators up and down. Now, that might not be a bad thing if he were any more talented at getting on and off of those then he is.

Today, we rode the Incline Railroad at Lookout Mountain. It was pretty cool . . . not quite as exciting as I'd thought it would be, though. Of course, while we were standing up at the top looking at the view, Preston decided to kick his flip flop off so we had to go ask the office to let us in the gate to get it or retrieve it for us . . ."Flip-flop duty" is what they called it. I tried to use that to reassure myself that my 3 yr old isn't the only one that's ever done that. Right? Surely?


We rolled into our hotel around 9 tonight . . . very ready to be done driving for a while. Tomorrow, I think we're gonna hit the beach and do a boat ride where you can see some dolphins. Promises to be a fun day!

I leave you with some pics of Day 1 . . . Day 2 pics will come tomorrow.

Toodles!
P.S. Happy Father's Day, Jer! You are such a blessing to our family and we love you!

! The mountains outside Chattanooga


My crew at the Riverfont outside the Aquarium. Check out how Parker is standing . . . He is my cool dude!

Peyt and I couldn't resist this . . .



Preston walking away during one of his MANY MANY fits while at the aquarium.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like your vacation is going to be a blast! Love the pics and can't wait to see more! I am going to enjoy my last day of vacation today and I hope you all have a WONDERFUL time! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete